Many Nike launch products sell out quickly. Review the following Nike launch tips to help you learn about upcoming launches and quickly place your order.
The Nike store launch drawing is used by Nike stores and Nike.com to manage select high-heat product launches. Use the Nike Store Locator to contact the store with any questions. If you have additional questions about Nike new releases, please contact us.
Log in to Twitter, go to twitter.com/nikestore and follow to receive release announcements, updates, product information and links for many launch products.
- Set up automatic Twitter notifications on your mobile phone (see the Twitter tutorial for instructions).
- If you don't want to sign up for Twitter, bookmark twitter.com/nikestore and view the @nikestore feed without following. You must have a Twitter account to set up SMS notifications on your mobile phone and to tweet @nikestore with any questions.
TIP: GATHER INFORMATION ABOUT LAUNCH PRODUCTS
- Bookmark the Nike.com launch calendar, which includes pictures, detailed product information and more.
- Bookmark the Nike release dates FAQ, which includes a comprehensive list of upcoming launches.
- Most launch products are available at 10 am ET on the launch date. Confirm the launch time for each product.
- Join Nike+ for free to stay updated on the newest Nike products, styles and technology (and receive free shipping on every order).
TIP: BE PREPARED FOR CHECKOUT
- Save your payment, billing and shipping information (see these instructions).
- Become familiar with the Nike.com site to quickly select your size and submit an order.
- Clear cache and cookies on your browser.
- Sign in to Nike+ before the scheduled launch time.
- Follow @nikestore on Twitter before the scheduled launch time. For certain products, @nikestore will tweet a link to the product page.
TIP: MAKE THE PURCHASE
Follow @nikestore on Twitter and click the link tweeted on or before the launch time. Below are additional steps:
- If the link is not tweeted, see the Nike.com new releases page.
- If the product page has a countdown clock, it'll be available when the countdown clock hits zero. You don't need to refresh your browser.
- If you see a "Quick Verification" screen after adding a product to your cart, answer the verification questions and proceed to checkout. Learn more about launch product verification.
- If you see a message stating "It's not in your cart yet" after adding to cart, you're in line for the chance to purchase the product. Don't refresh the page. Learn more about "Waiting for your turn".
Products added to cart are reserved for a brief period of time to allow you to complete the order. Complete your order right away so you don’t miss your opportunity.